Liz Downing Gardens provides personalized garden care, design, and installation in Rhode Island. We specialize in environmentally safe methods of weed, pest, and disease control as well as soil management. We use hand tools, make every effort to minimize waste, and pride ourselves on efficient, thoughtful and courteous work.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Plant health care for annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, berries, shrubs, small trees and fruit trees
- Planting and specialized hand pruning of all of the above
- Soil testing, cultivation, and enhancement
- Garden consultation and coaching, working alongside you if you wish…
- Garden design and renovation
- Weeding (each year we work in a garden, we reduce weed seeds drastically and minimize labor costs)
Our favorite projects are pollinator and bird gardens, native plant establishment, fruit and vegetable production, fostering soil microbial health, and teaching our clients to maintain their own landscapes.
We are a small company, established in 2002, owned and operated by Liz Downing, a Providence, RI native. Liz received her BS in Environmental Science and Management from URI in 2000 (Summa Cum Laude). She is a NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional, RI Certified Horticulturist, RI Certified Arborist, and RI Licensed Pesticide Applicator (we only use environmentally safe products.) Yearly professional development is required to keep these licenses and certifications, usually in the form of conferences and workshops held throughout New England. Liz maintains memberships to Xerces Society, Nature Conservancy, New England Wildflower Society, Ecological Landscaping Alliance, Blithewold Mansion and Gardens, Southside Community Land Trust, RI Tree Council, and International Society of Arboriculture.
Contact us at 401-426-9658 or firstname.lastname@example.org